Ever wondered how the rich successful people out there got to to where they were? Ever wondered if you could be like them ? Yes you could !
Sometimes you just lack the motivation or you’re having an unrealistic aim.
Here are 10 things which successful people do
1) Set up a realistic and specific goal. Know your limits and don’t go challenging yourself by setting up two difficult goals. Don’t set up a goal such as ” earn more money” because you are not giving yourself any level in which you want to reach and it doesn’t motivate you as much as saying ” earn 15K within 3 months”. This aim gives you a time frame in which you want to reach the aim and the ultimate goal you want. Therefore you would not stop at earning 1K more than usual as you some how fulfilled your “earn more money” aim. In addition, studies show that by setting specific goals you increase your chance of success.
2) Never be afraid to fail. If you do not fail you do not learn. Moreover you do not want to live a life of “what if”s. With no risk there’s no reward at all. Seize the moment and do not allow yourself to regret things you haven’t had the guts to do. Don’t allow opportunities to slip through your fingers.
” In order to succeed, your desire to succeed should than your fear of failure” – Bill Cosby
3) Be optimistic in a realistic way. You should know exactly how far away you are from your goal and what are the chances of you achieving them. Believe in yourself and your abilities to chase your goals. Never overestimate yourself as every goal would require some time and effort.
4) Commit to your words and goals. Don’t just say you will do this within a year and forget about it. You have to stay focused on what you want to achieve and put lots of effort and time into it. Never back out of your goals because they take too long to achieve, stay committed and determined to achieve what you want. You might not be able to know whether your goal would be achieved within the next 2 hours or the next 5 years but you have to stay committed and never give up.
5) Suck up all information that would be useful to you. Take your free time to study and learn things that would help you reach your goal. If you dream of becoming a top fashion designer, take some fashion courses, photography courses, design courses. Simply expand your knowledge.
6) Give yourself a reason to succeed and achieve this goal. It motivates you to achieve it and gives you the strength to overcome the time frame that it might take and to put more effort into it.
7) Take care of yourself. Stay in a good physical shape. Time is one thing that is required to achieve a goal but time without the energy to do so will not give you the chance to succeed. You need to be in a well condition in order to have the energy to achieve your goals.
8) No excuses, No day offs. You should not allow yourself to take a break from achieving your goal. While you take a break from your goals , there might be another person who just took your opportunity and reached the goal already.
“Things may come to those who wait… but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
9) Do not come up with back-up plans. This is basically telling yourself let’s try to achieve this but if I don’t achieve it I can do this.. no big deal. This breaks your motivation and only makes you put less energy in achieving your goals.
10) Stay true to your principles. Don’t go against all you believe in just to achieve your goal as that would only partially make you happy.
“Success is dependent on effort” -Sophocles